CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: variable control with inverter

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-09-17 04:11:08 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., carlcnc@e... wrote:
> I use a VFD to run a hi frequency spindle. I have always set my
> speed[freq.] via the digital keypad.
> However, the inverter will accept analog signals for speed control,
> either 8 pre-sets or proportional for true variable.
> What do I need to buy/build to use something like a 10 turn pot
> so I can adjust on the "fly"?
>
> thanks
> Carl

It depends on the Invertor.
All of the ones I have come across, and I use a lot, just need a
simple pot wiring into the circuit and one or two parameters setting
so it takes cotrol from the keypad and send it to the pot.
You need to look at the wiring diagram for the invertor and the
parameter list.
A single turn pot should be OK. A 10 turn will be a pain in the wrist.

John Stevenson.

Discussion Thread

carlcnc@e... 2001-09-16 18:45:24 UTC variable control with inverter Jon Elson 2001-09-17 02:31:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] variable control with inverter machines@n... 2001-09-17 04:11:08 UTC Re: variable control with inverter