CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need Some Thomson Linear OPEN Bearings and Blocks

on 2001-09-17 11:49:27 UTC
David,

One problem I ran into was PLASMA DUST and linear
bearings. I setup a simple "guide table" with
linear shafts and bearings. Uh, I kicked up way too
much "dust" from the plasma cutter (Hypertherm 900)
to use this setup. Looks like "old fashioned"
metal tubing with plain sealed ball bearings will
work out best. They also show a customer with a
WATER tray under the plasma cutter to control
dust.

Take a look at:
http://www.super-tech.com/root/robotorch/
to get an idea of what would work better than the
linear bearings.

Oh, I'll keep the linear bearings... but only
for wood working.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Round Rock, TX

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Ratliffgrp@a... wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I am in need of four new or nearly new Thomson PBO-12-OPN open
linear
> bearings and pillow blocks for supported 3/4 inch rails. I am
> building a BIG, home-brew CNC Plasma Cutter and Router Table. I
have
> all my rails and 4 of my bearings so far...THANK YOU EBAY! But I
> have not found any more of these bearings...I have been watching
Ebay
> for days and days now. Any of you folks got any that you would be
> willing to part with? I know that they cost around $100 each from
> McMaster-Carr, but I hope to get them for less than that. The ones
> found on Ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=1630525382 ) were 78.77 for four. They were in like
> new condition. Anyone have any more? An Email to me at
> Ratliffgrp@a... would be wonderful.
>
> THANKS!
>
> David Ratliff

Discussion Thread

Ratliffgrp@a... 2001-09-14 19:11:03 UTC Need Some Thomson Linear OPEN Bearings and Blocks Ratliffgrp@a... 2001-09-14 19:13:48 UTC Need Some Thomson Linear OPEN Bearings and Blocks Ratliffgrp@a... 2001-09-14 19:42:10 UTC Re: Need Thomson Linear OPEN Bearings and Blocks roundrocktom@y... 2001-09-17 11:49:27 UTC Re: Need Some Thomson Linear OPEN Bearings and Blocks dlantz@a... 2001-09-17 16:32:01 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need Some Thomson Linear OPEN Bearings and Blocks