CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: IntelliCAD -- WAS: Shop Computer

Posted by IMService
on 2001-09-23 14:41:37 UTC
> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:49:52 -0400
> From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith <b.j.smith@...>
>Subject: Re: IntelliCAD -- WAS: Shop Computer

>God knows that with their lawyers, they
>can do anything they please (just ask Micrografx, MIT and Sun ;-).

Bryan, I must admit that most of your posts tend to put my teeth on edge a bit, so I am probably going
to get more/different than I am asking for here, but...

I have been a fan of MicroGrafx software for years and years. I detest the Corel Draw user
interface and am quite comfortable with MicroGrafx Designer. I also have had better results
with photo and other bit mapped image handling with Picture Publisher than ANY other similar
program that I have used. I have recently been creating a multitude of 3D models that I can
machine with StlWork, using MicroGrafx Simply 3D (which I bought a copy of version 3 on Ebay for $25.00).

The other part of the puzzle is that MicroGrafx tends to bundle all 3 programs together in a box
for less than $50. Webtricity, Graphics Suite 2, and a couple of other product names all include
the 3 programs, with fonts, clipart, and manuals in a box.

Aside from getting a chance to plug these 3 excellent programs, I am still stunned by the fact
that Corel just bought MicroGrafx. So much for the good guys winning that one.

My question, I guess I missed the legal battle between MicroSoft and microGrafx, can you fill
us in a bit about that?

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at: http://209.69.202.197/cced.html

imserv@... Voice:248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670 Fax: 248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

Bryan-TheBS-Smith 2001-09-23 07:49:56 UTC Re: IntelliCAD -- WAS: Shop Computer IMService 2001-09-23 14:41:37 UTC Re: Re: IntelliCAD -- WAS: Shop Computer