CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] source for cnc conv hardware...RF31 mill/drill

on 2001-09-24 11:52:58 UTC
Hi Eric,

I too have an RF-31 mill that I will eventually retrofit to CNC. So
far, only an old Sears/Sherline mill. Cardinal Engineering sounds
familiar, but I don't have a URL. Jeff (AKA CADMAN) has converted a
very similar ENCO mill:

http://24.12.163.105/cnc/

I think he made his own mounts (why not, he's got a mill!).

Where is Cardinal? I found this for North Carolina:

Cardinal Engineering Corp.
Cary, (919)460-8778, cec@...

I haven't called them. I'd be curious to hear what you find out.

Alan KM6VV

et@... wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just received my backissue of HSM which shows the conversion
> of a mill/drill to cnc. They list Cardinal Engineering as a
> source for the motor mounts, belts, pulleys and such used in
> the example conversion. No phone number is given.
>
> Does anyone know of a source for these things for a mill/drill
> conversion. I could order/create my own, but just wondering
> if this stuff is available "off the shelf".
>
> I already have all the electronics/motors...just need the
> mechanical items.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric Tauch

Discussion Thread

et@s... 2001-09-24 11:13:35 UTC source for cnc conv hardware...RF31 mill/drill machines@n... 2001-09-24 11:27:30 UTC Re: source for cnc conv hardware...RF31 mill/drill Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-09-24 11:52:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] source for cnc conv hardware...RF31 mill/drill