CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help: installing BDI on computer with SiS c hipsets with onboard graphics.

Posted by dlantz@a...
on 2001-10-04 06:11:05 UTC
speaking from my limited personal experience, i built a pretty inexpensive
machine that the BDI runs GREAT on. It really doens't need a screaming
machine. a celeron 667 on a supermicro p6sba (think thats it--440BX
chipset) with 128 meg ram and a matrox g200 video card. in a cheapo case
would run you about $250 not counting monitor, keyboard & mouse. OH... and
you'd need a hard drive & cdrom... floppy...etc...
-Dave L.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Klawiter [mailto:bruce@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:37 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help: installing BDI on computer with SiS
chipsets with onboard graphics.

Hello all,

I have a 1.2Ghz PC with the SIS chipset. looking at the web page
http://www.linuxcnc.org/bdi/ it says BDI wont install on this computer,
haven't tried it yet but is there a way to do this or do I need a different
PC.
I'll be getting BDI-2.10 CD soon and am hoping I can use this PC for my CNC
conversion.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bruce Klawiter