CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Was Router Now Tap

Posted by Iain Ward
on 2001-10-09 14:16:54 UTC
At work, I've had it smoke and burst into flame with NO flame added,
when I've had to break free rusted nuts.
We heat the nut/bolt to red or better with a torch and then quench
using WD40, gets pretty exciting when a 24-36" dia. cloud ignites!
On aluminum, the ONLY tapping compound we use is Varsol.(CNC,manual
mill, drill press or by hand.)

Iain

Ethan Vos wrote:

> I think you'd have real trouble trying to get WD-40 to ignite. It's a large
> part water. I've sprayed it on red hot steel and all it did was smoke.
>
> Ethan

Discussion Thread

Iain Ward 2001-10-09 14:16:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Was Router Now Tap