CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cnc bar feed

Doug Fortune wrote:

> Ray wrote:
> >
> > My basement is not exactly a world class testing lab but I've set up some
> > pc's and made loop routines -- like virtual bar feed with a long bar --
> > and run programs over night. At 2 min/part I've seen it run a couple
> > hundred and still be going when I shut it down. This is with BDI-2.10, my
> > own gui, minimill values and steppers.
>
> Neat. How did you arrange the 'advancement' of the bar?
> I presume it was a single bar per setup, rather than a
> stack of bars which fed in sequentially. You must also have
> had some 'enclosure' for the part of the bar sticking out
> the left side of the headstock - to prevent it whipping.
>
> Did the finished part just fall off and remain where it lay,
> or was there a 'collection' mechanism for the finished parts too?

I believe Ray means that the program was going though the motions,
perhaps with motors just twirling their shafts, but that no material
was actually being cut. This is just to test for hangups and crashes.
it would be nice to have bar feeders and bar pullers!

Doug Fortune 2001-10-14 12:59:37 UTC cnc bar feed Ray 2001-10-14 19:54:42 UTC Re: cnc bar feed wanliker@a... 2001-10-14 21:04:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cnc bar feed Jon Elson 2001-10-14 22:31:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cnc bar feed