CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport SeriesII air assisted knee

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-10-20 17:22:57 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
> Bridgett's leaked pretty bad at first, but after I ran the table up
>and down
> the full travel a few times the leaks pretty much went away and I
>don't hear
> much air at all coming out any more. Just in case you are
>interested I run
> about 60 psi on the knee with the normal hobby sized items on the
>table.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Good advise Tim and Paul.
You might also try, removing the air pipe, pumping some mineral based
oil into the cylinder, then reconnecting the pipe back up and working
it a few times to rebed the seals if they have become dry and set.
I've got away with doing this to air clutches that haven't been used
in a while.

John S.

Discussion Thread

sean patterson 2001-10-20 14:56:40 UTC Bridgeport SeriesII air assisted knee Tim Goldstein 2001-10-20 15:10:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport SeriesII air assisted knee Paul 2001-10-20 17:01:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport SeriesII air assisted knee machines@n... 2001-10-20 17:22:57 UTC Re: Bridgeport SeriesII air assisted knee