CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: programs to write G-codes

Jon Anderson wrote:

> Something I would love to see, would be a PC or Linux based program that
> duplicated the fill-in-the-blanks approach of Proto-Trak and such, and
> generate standard G-code.
> This seems like a perfect brewing ground for input/ideas and beta
> testers, and I rather suspect there would be a significant commercial
> potential.

See my web pages at : http://ascc.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/gcode.html
I have put 4 of my programs there, as C source. I have compiled these
on an old MicroSoft C, and on the Gnu C in Linux. These generate
G-code for boring circular holes or pockets, milling out a rectangular
pocket, cutting out a rectangular hole (trepanning - it doesn't chew away
the whole blank, just cuts around the edge and then does a finish pass).
Also there is a program to drill a circular hole pattern. I have some more
programs to do peck drilling of hole patterns, trepanning a round hole,
milling a round post and similar things. I need to hack on these just a
bit to ensure complete portability before I make them available, too.

Jon Elson 1999-10-12 22:46:43 UTC Re: programs to write G-codes