CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Heidenhain DRO loops

Posted by Randolph Lee
on 1999-10-13 15:03:18 UTC
>From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner@...>
>

>Hi Randolph
>
> Had a little play with my mill using llabel calls - Nested calls work fine as
>long as there are no repeats. When a label call is made with repeats, the
>program jumps to the designated label. But on reaching LBL 0, instead of
>returning to the calling label, LBL 0 is ignored and all lines are executed up
>to the original calling line. This is fine as long as it is not a forward call
>or there are no nested calls with repeats. In other words, if you wish to nest
>calls, do not use multiple repeats with the nested calls. If you
>need to repeat
>a nested call, use multiple CALL LBL REP 0/0 blocks instead.

That does help! thanks a bunch...

>I hope this helps.
>Regards, Paul.
>
>BTW Does your manuals cover the use of M99 ?

Nope since the Positip 855 is a DRO (Although a DRO on Steroids) and
not a TNC there is no mention of M codes at all
http://www.heidenhain.com/Products/DigitalReadout/positip.htm
Shows a bit of what it does and what it looks like in Mill mode

I sent them a not with some of my wish list for improvements to the
DRO and got back on of thos canned "thank you for you interest in our
product" you would think that a company that has gotten several
thousand of my $$$$ would be a bit nicer with the customers here they
are I thought they were mostly reasonable I wonder if any of them
would apply to your TNC.

here are some things for you to pass on for consideration in the next Rom
upgrade. Ram is so cheap today that the amount could be increased to
provide for these features with no impact on the 20/2000/999 limits or you
could have a user Parameter that cut these to 20/1000/999 when the extra
features were in use. As anyone using these new features would have the 855
connected to a PC that would not impact the functionality of the 855 at
all.

1. Let the tool table be uploaded and down loaded just as the programs and
parameters are.
1b. Let the Diameter/length of the tool in use show on the display where
just "T6 Z" shows right now
2. Let the programs that are uploaded Into the unit keep their comment
fields... (I think this one is quite important even if you don't provide
for display of them see next item)
2b. Let a program comment field show on the screen as that block is
called.(the usefulness of this as a feature would be huge esp if you could
have a special form of display Comment (perhaps using ;; rather than ; for
the delimiter) this way you provide instructions to the machine operator as
he runs the program

3. if you decide to allow multi datums in a program as per your last email to
ease the input of Part drawings that have been dim. with several
relative datums
(ISO 129 or DIN part 11, fig 171)
then Let the list of up to 99 Datums be uploaded and downloaded...
just as the programs and parameters are.
A given part that you develop a program for could then have associated
tool tables and datum lists...

4. In lathe mode allow access to the Cutting data page (is there some
reason why this is blocked in lathe mode? A lathe version of this would
very minor rewrite of the page and IMO much more useful than the taper
calc. esp if you included a basic look up table for different metals FPM
rates with HSS and Carbide)

5 in lathe mode if the user either had a rotary encoder on the angle of the
compound or manually input said angle of the compound to the 855 it would be
nice (if the user had scales on both the X feed and the Compound feed) if the
855 would combine this information providing the real total infeed towards
the work...

Randolph Lee boss@...
Windshadow Engineering Nantucket Island, MA USA

Paul Corner 1999-10-13 12:17:29 UTC Re: Heidenhain DRO loops Randolph Lee 1999-10-13 15:03:18 UTC Re: Heidenhain DRO loops Paul Corner 1999-10-14 13:26:05 UTC Re: Heidenhain DRO loops