CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mounting the Gecko 3X0's near the servo

Posted by shymu@b...
on 2001-11-01 17:08:35 UTC
I had noise on my z axes encoder ,which is 16 feet in length. My
encoders are US Digital. They have line buffer/drivers for $13.00.
not
wanting to wait for shipping I bought an IC "74HC04" for 50 cents and
wired my own. Guess what it works!! Thanks Mariss! Talked to him
today
about it. You can go here
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/noiserx.htm for a little info
on what this IC does BUT Do Not wire it this way though. If I get a
chance this weekend I'll post a pict and note on wiring it. No circuit
board just solder to a IC holder
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tim" <timg@k...> wrote:
> First, the newest revision of the G3X0 has been upgraded to include
> noise filtering in the drive at no extra cost so this is not likely
> be an issue with them. Installing the newest filtered units curred
my
> noise problem, but unless you are willing to buy new drives it will
not
> be an appropriate solution.
>
> Now on to what you can do. Mariss has suggested putting filter caps
on
> the powerlines coming into the encoders. That seems to help with
the
HP
> read head as they appear to not have much of any input filtering
built
> in. Proper shielding and grounding procedures also help. The
ultimate
> field upgrade solution is to add differential transmitters and
recivers
> to your installation.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]