CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: software rant but a good idea in here

Posted by machines@n...
on 2001-11-03 01:06:48 UTC
I've looked at Feature Cam, in fact I have an old version here I
bought second hand. It's a nice program but because of what Johnno
has mentioned below it's long winded.
I get the impression it's more for mould work where you start off
with a block of material.
Not all jobs are like this. There are many jobs where the milling is
a second op on a part finished part or casting that is a bit hard to
define. In this case you have to 'imagine' an envelope just so you
can go to the next stage.
It woould be nice to cut to the chase so you can get on and do
something reasonably simple and not limit the program to complex
press tool moulds where 8 hours setup and programming is not
excessive.

John S.

>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "FIK" <vrojas@p...> wrote:
> In order to create a toolpath the un-worked raw material must be
>defined,
> you can't get one step further. The program would not allow you to
>go to the
> next step until you define the
>
> 1) milling or Turning
> 2)2axis, 3 axis 4 axis???
> 3)What are the limits of travel in all axii
> 4)draw the raw part dimension on a screen that was generated from
>the
> questions above.
>
> 5)Build a tool library, either from choices or from scratch
> 4)THEN start creating a machining sequence of events to convert the
>defined
> raw part into the item desired based on information that the
>software has
> learned from polling the user.

Discussion Thread

FIK 2001-11-02 20:06:23 UTC software rant but a good idea in here dkmachine@a... 2001-11-02 21:05:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] software rant but a good idea in here machines@n... 2001-11-03 01:06:48 UTC Re: software rant but a good idea in here shymu@b... 2001-11-03 05:21:29 UTC Re: software rant but a good idea in here