CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: emc suggestions

Jon Anderson wrote:

> Mill Pockets
> Inside Pockets
> Outside Pockets (island)
> Inside Pockets w/island
> Inside Pockets with irregular islands

I might add to this the suggestion that round holes and rectangular
cutouts should be added to the above, in which the entire interior
is not milled away, as with a pocket, but what they call 'trepanning',
where a path is traced around and just inside the final dimension
of the hole or cutout, and then a finish pass is cut, bringing the
cutout to the required size. This saves a lot of time on larger
cutouts, and saves wear on cutting tools.

See some of the programs I put on my web site, I have screen
grabs of the parameters requested and the G-code generated.

Jon Elson 1999-10-13 22:28:26 UTC Re: emc suggestions Jon Anderson 1999-10-13 22:23:14 UTC Re: emc suggestions