CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Digest Number 206

Posted by Elliot Burke
on 1999-10-13 22:28:23 UTC
Why are opto-isolators needed? Would the high voltage from the output stage
get back to the IC, or is this just to protect the IC when the output stage
pops?

Elliot Burke

>Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:49:03 +0100
> From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner@...>
>Subject: Re: Stepper Motor Driver Help Needed
>
>On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> From: "Matt Shaver" <mshaver@...>
>
> 1. Can anyone recommend a source of high power bipolar stepper motor
drivers
> and the associated power supply, preferably cheap? I don't need
> microstepping, half stepping would be fine and I'd even consider a good
full
> step only solution if the price was right, however it seems that most all
the
> drivers have half step capabilities at a minimum.

>Hi Matt

> Have you thought of replacing the MOSFETS on Dan's board with some
>opto-isolator chips and using the output from these to drive a high voltage
>bridge ?
>I know it involve a bit of messing around, but there are plenty of high
voltage
>FETs to choose from, or even IGBTs.
>
>Jst a thought, doesn't the BOSS motor drives have a set of inputs from an
>external step sequencer ? It may be possible to use a PBD3517 to drive the
BOSS
>boards direct.
>
> Regards, Paul.

__

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 1999-10-13 22:28:23 UTC RE: Digest Number 206 Paul Corner 1999-10-14 13:58:26 UTC RE: Digest Number 206