CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 212

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 1999-10-17 03:37:34 UTC
>Message: 14
> Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 19:04:49 -0500
> From: Roland Friestad <cardinal.eng@...>
>Subject: Paper Tape Punch
>
>Help!! - The tape punch for my 21 year old Wire EDM machine has died and the
>company that made it no longer exists - Does anyone know where I can pick up
>a used working tape punch, preferably cheap - 8 level tape - RS-232?
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>Roland

[Have you thought about trying to connect the punch-tape reader (or its
RS232 port) to the parallel port of a computer, and doing away with the
tape altogether? Some people have been telling me this is possible for my
old milling machine, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with your EDM.]

Andrew Werby

Andrew Werby - United Artworks
Sculpture, Jewelry, and Other Art Stuff
http://unitedartworks.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 1999-10-17 03:37:34 UTC Re: Digest Number 212