CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Win-Topo and raster to vector

Posted by Art Eckstein
on 2001-11-25 13:04:44 UTC
Carl,
I use one called Scan2Cad a product of the UK. I have used it only a
couple of time, but it works as advertised and also includes an OCR for
lettering on the drawings. That part doesn't work the greatest, but the
rest does a respectable job of converting scanned drawings to dxf files.

One I did, was a terrible source file. It looked like a scan of a xerox of
a fax and was able to pull it together with some work. It puts the text and
vectors on separate layers so it makes it easy to do touch up (redraw if
necessary) on another layer and have a workable drawing.

Price wasn't to bad either, think it was less than $200 US and they
e-mailed it to me and then followed up with hard copy and software by mail.
As far as I was concerned, it paid for it self the first time I used it.
Saved several days redrawing the whole thing and took about 1/2 day to have
a new background. More accurate that scaling off a paper copy:-})