CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: prototrak retrofit

Posted by motionin@a...
on 2001-11-25 18:13:16 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., rfs@c... wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with Prototrak AGE 2 or 3 CNC retrofit
> for knee mills? rfs.

Hi. I used prototraks at a shop I worked at a few years ago. 2 were
Bridgeport retrofits and one was a larger model that was made by them.
(cannot remember the type) They were mx3's. (3 axis conversational
programing) They were very easy to use with the conversational
programing. One oddity I thought were the encoders on the machine.
They track against the cast iron via a metal wheel. You would think
that it wouldn't work, but it did quite well as long as you kept the
coolant out of them. (the encoder looks like a Travel Dial used on
many lathes I have seen. The are also made by Southwestern Ind.)
Anyhow, if you have any specific questions feel free to e-mail me at
the above address off group. Rick

Discussion Thread

rfs@c... 2001-11-25 07:34:35 UTC prototrak retrofit rfs@c... 2001-11-25 07:35:52 UTC prototrak retrofit rfs@c... 2001-11-25 07:35:52 UTC prototrak retrofit motionin@a... 2001-11-25 18:13:16 UTC Re: prototrak retrofit