CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1810

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2001-11-26 21:32:45 UTC
Message: 17
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:52:39 -0500
From: Art Eckstein <axtein@...>
Subject: Re: Re: Virus on GregMC's letter

Hi,
.scr is scripting language. One way (other than a good antivirus program
and/or firewall) is to go into "my computer", "add remove programs",
"windows setup" and then delete (turn off windows scripting) as most people
done use this "feature".

This will give you at least three ways to avoid this problem:-})

At 06:25 PM 11/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Just a tip for those who don't have anti-virus software...
>
>I used to get *.scr attachments frequently from another list I'm subscribed
>to; they were, without fail, infected by a virus. I don't know what the
.scr
>file format is supposed to be for, but I'm always suspicious when I receive
>it in an email. It's probably best to delete on sight unless you KNOW it's
>safe.
>
>Rick

Bubba

[This one must be spreading rapidly. I got two today- convincing header, no
text message, and a "PIF" attachment, not SCR. I didn't open it -or you'd
probably be getting one of these "pods" from me...]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2001-11-26 21:32:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1810