CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Westamp - PWM Servo Amp

Posted by Peter Seddon
on 2001-12-03 02:55:37 UTC
I seem to remember that the transistors are selected on voltage drop and
gain at current as they are often used in parallel with other transistors.
The ident on the can used to be Westamps own and no help. I do not believe
(and I am plumbing the depths of my memory) that they used darlingtons. The
Westamp systems used a transformer coupled pulsed base drive to the output
transistors to simpify the output drive circuitry.

If you are in the Uk contact Ken Collins at this address and he may be able
to help you as he used to sell and service Westamp drives. tell him I sent
you !!

Collins Controls Servodrive
Sales & Service
Unit B1 Chasewater Indust Est