CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rapid SYN Steppers

on 2001-12-04 19:42:11 UTC
Hi Graham,

These are useable, unipolar as I recall. You probably have 5 leads
(unipolar). 6 leads is also unipolar, but can usually be wired for
bipolar as well. What voltage and current rating? Are you using a
unipolar or bipolar driver?

I have some 61's, so we can probably figure out the wires. Do you have
an ohmmeter?

Alan KM6VV

info@... wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been given several old Plotters that use a model MO61-FD-6254
> RAPID SYN stepper motors made by Superior Electric.
>
> I approached Superior but as they are old/OEM supplied they cannot
> help.
>
> Has anyone used these and knows the wiring arrangements ??.
>
> I wish to make a small (very)CNC mill as a personal project and have
> already prototyped the drive boards off data on the web. However the
> combination of drive to coil matching for correct operation has
> eluded me. I can get them humming or even spasmodic moving but not
> correctly stepping.
>
> I propose to use the EMC software.
>
> All help will be appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Graham.

Discussion Thread

info@c... 2001-12-04 19:28:54 UTC Rapid SYN Steppers Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-12-04 19:42:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rapid SYN Steppers Brian 2001-12-05 04:06:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rapid SYN Steppers