CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]G-CODE EDIT

Posted by doug98105
on 2001-12-05 12:29:53 UTC
Dave,

The best editor I've seen is called PC-DNC from Suburban Machinery.
sub-soft.com for demo version. The full featured demo was good for 30
(?) days, although the program will continue to edit small files past
that date. Not cheap, so it may be overkill for hobbyist types.
Take a look, it may give you some benchmarks to help pick a lesser
priced one.

I don't recall any editing I've wanted to do that PC-DNC couldn't
do. It even changes from absolute to relative I,J,K and vice-versa.

And, yes, a CNC specific editor is much more useful than a simple
text editing program. I consider a CNC editing program a necessity,
something which should be included as part of any good CAM software
package.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., dlantz@a... wrote:
> hello all! I have been researching g-code editing programs out
there for
> the last couple of days and am wondering what everyone on the list
uses. I
> have found cimco's edit and have downloaded it (really just saw it
because i
> was downloading cimco's feed and speed calculator software) it has
> backplot capability that could be handy.
> does anybody use cimco's edit? do most people just use notepad or
other
> simple text editor? anything else better im not seeing?
> ---Dave L.

Discussion Thread

dlantz@a... 2001-12-05 10:55:28 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]G-CODE EDIT doug98105 2001-12-05 12:29:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]G-CODE EDIT