CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help with wiring

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2001-12-08 00:22:38 UTC
Set the jumper to + 5 for the 5V from the game port. If you want to use the
ground from the parallel port then set it to common ground. Yes the common
connector is where you put the 5 v from the game port or the parallel port
ground depending upon how you set it.

Here is the chart to save you from the math
PHASE CURRENT RESISTOR

1A 8.2K
2A 18K
3A 36K
4A 62K
5A 120K
6A 270K
7A OPEN

The amps that are referred to is the motor amps. Read the white paper on
steppers on the Gecko site to decide what you need based upon how you hook
it up. Set it to 1 amp to be safe if you just want to see it work.

The resistor can be a 1/4 watt Radio Shack unit.

Tim
[Denver CO]