CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC motion interruption?

Posted by Ray
on 2001-12-17 08:06:28 UTC
>    From: "confusered" <confusered@...>
<s>
> The interrupted steps can be heard as well as seen during very slow
> feeds.  For example, if Z is being driven at f0.5 you can see the
> motor stop for about one pulse every so many pulses.  At higher feeds
> it is hard to see but I can hear a definite "beat".  The beat rate
> increases with feed rate, almost like every so many pulses it stops
> for about a pulse length of time.

1 - You might try running the task controller in nonrealtime. Most
ordinary users do.

2 - You have set task cycle time to only figure out where it needs to be
every tenth of a second. Default here is a hundreth of a second.
(Cycle time can be confusing. There are many of them. There are also
some interactions between them when you get into.)

3 - I can't see a reason for some of the cycle times that you have in the
traj and axis sections. In [TRAJ] you show 0.06 the default is 0.01. In
[AXIS#] you set 0.03 while the default is 0.001. My SWAG is that your
settings here create a HUGE bin into which the trajectory controller dumps
a whole bunch of pulses then steppermod reads them off as quick as it can
and waits for the next bin to arrive.

I believe that I'd go back to emc.ini as it is stock in the release that
you have and then change just the minimum number of variables to give your
machine the gross personality that you want. Setup things like tkemc,
parport location, minimilltask, steppermod, input scale on each axis and
minimillio.

> Also a possible SAFETY ISSUE: If you jog the X from the keyboard and
> jog Y before letting up on the X key, X will keep going after all
> keys are released.

Yep! You have discovered the real problems with using ordinary keyboard
input for machine control. Every key press code has an associated key
release code but sequential presses of stuff that isn't <shift> <control>
<alt> followed by a common key are treated by some keyboard interpreters
as an error and ignored. A second press and release of the key that
initiated the offending condition should cause the gui to issue the abort
command. It is more than a little distressing the first time this happens
while runnning a real machine.

HTH

RayH

Discussion Thread

confusered 2001-12-16 17:07:07 UTC EMC motion interruption? Tim Goldstein 2001-12-16 17:22:43 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC motion interruption? Ray 2001-12-17 08:06:28 UTC Re: EMC motion interruption? ccs@m... 2001-12-17 08:27:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC motion interruption? confusered 2001-12-23 07:26:08 UTC Re: EMC motion interruption?