CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HELP Gecko G320/G340 FAULT/RESET MANAGER circuit

Posted by wanliker@a...
on 2001-12-17 15:20:06 UTC
In a message dated 12/17/2001 12:28:03 PM Mountain Standard Time,
mariss92705@... writes:

> Good morning! All you need with the G320/340s shipping now (as of
> Dec. 1)is to simply hook all the ERR/RES lines together. If any one
> drive faults then it will pull the others down as well (up to a total
> of 4 drives). No external circuitry is required anymore.

I have three of the older G320, so I assume that I will need to use the
ERR/RES manager circuit or an equivalent.

Do you by chance have a PC layout for it, so I don't have to reinvent the
wheel. I can do it, but it does take time.

I was planning on using the ERR/RES Manager circuit, with the addition of the
SPDT switch added so that I could also shutdown or reset manually, in the way
that Dan describes. Also I want to use a NC contact on my EStop Switch, so
that it also shuts the Gecko's down. I will also drop out the main contactor
to remove all power on an Estop.
My years of an Electrician/Electronics Tech, show here when I desire a method
of redundant means of shutdown.
So I assume that because I have the earlier G320's, that I will have to use
the older ERR?RES Manager circuit, is this correct.
I am doing an EMCO COMPACT 5 LATHE and hopefully will have it up and running
soon, then the questions will start on how to do"LATHE" with the various
software.
thanks,
bill

wanliker@a... 2001-12-17 08:22:05 UTC HELP Gecko G320/G340 FAULT/RESET MANAGER circuit mariss92705 2001-12-17 11:25:54 UTC Re: HELP Gecko G320/G340 FAULT/RESET MANAGER circuit wanliker@a... 2001-12-17 15:20:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HELP Gecko G320/G340 FAULT/RESET MANAGER circuit