CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Kasuga retro fit

carlcnc wrote:

> I finally got the Kasuga V-2 into the shop. Need to replace the
> resolvers with encoders,or replace he Western Servos [lotta work]
> anyone have some slick ideas on getting some encoders mounted?
> should I try to tap and extend the motor shafts?
> Motors are pretty good size,90v9a,should be good with Gecko 320-340
> at 80v.

Is this a belt drive or a direct drive setup? If belt drive, put the
encoders directly on the leadscrew with a helical-slit shaft coupler.
If direct drive, can you mount the encoder on the other end of the
leadscrew?

carlcnc 2001-12-17 20:54:09 UTC Kasuga retro fit Jon Elson 2001-12-17 23:00:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Kasuga retro fit