CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dolphon, arc over a box shape - I figured it out (mostly, little more help)

Posted by mszollar
on 2001-12-21 23:20:52 UTC
I figured out how to use the zcontour and repeat command to make
this work. The only thing that I don't like (maybe someone can
suggest a simpler, more automatic method) was that I had to
calculate tool overlap, number of repeats, etc. I would have
expected that I would have been able to tell Dolphin to make the 1st
slot at x0,y0,z-2 and continue, using the current tool until it
reaches x4,y0,z-2 and to have the program calculate the number of
repeats for the tool (nice addition to the program IMO if it doesn't
already have it).

Ken

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "mszollar" <mszollar@g...> wrote:
> I'm learning CAD (likely the cause of my questions), but anyway.
> draw a box (3x3), then I draw a 1/2 circle (which I want to use as
> profile for the block (i.e., end up with a block, bottom 1/2
square,
> top 1/2 is arched). I cant figure out how to get Dolphin to make
the
> share. I tried a few things that are not giving me the results
that
> I'd like and I figured it would be quicker to get an answer here.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Discussion Thread

mszollar 2001-12-21 18:29:05 UTC Dolphon question, arc over a box shape mszollar 2001-12-21 23:20:52 UTC Re: Dolphon, arc over a box shape - I figured it out (mostly, little more help)