CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2001-12-23 07:42:39 UTC
You need a regular dust collection system, not a shop vac. One of the best, and
easiest to build is the vortex system, (see rec.crafts.woodworking archives).
It's the same thing with grain silos; Enough fine particulate matter plus
commutator/switch sparks equals instant explosion. There are several ways to
move the air into/from a dust collector, but you want a zero sparks solution.
One such solution would be to use an air amplifier. These work on the Coanda
Effect, which has to do with how gasses and liquids move across a curved
surface. Coanda was one of those multi-discipline geniuses who lived back
around the early part of the last century. His main gig was organic chemistry,
but he also designed, built, and flew, the first jet airplane. An air
amplifier is a three opening unit that acceptss air from a compressor, and uses
it to induce an airflow into one side, and out the other. The specs I've seen
indicate that it works on a 1:25 ratio; I.e., a 10 mph flow from the
compressor equals a 250 mph flow through the device. This spec is the same
from several manufacturers, so I presume this is the max for practical air
moving devices, though no doubt the figures and sizes are different for denser
stuff like liquids.

While I'm on the subject, try to segregate as much as possible the results of
your aluminum work from your ferrous metal work. Rust, (ferrous oxide), mixed
with aluminum oxide equals thermite, which burns, (redox reaction), in the
neighborhood of 5 or 6 thousand degrees, and has been known to self ignite.....

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

glee@i... 2001-12-23 00:45:14 UTC Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when cutting Aluminum?? yethdear0 2001-12-23 07:35:13 UTC Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when cutting Aluminum?? Bill Vance 2001-12-23 07:42:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Scot Rogers 2001-12-23 08:53:59 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when cutting Aluminum?? Marcus & Eva 2001-12-23 09:15:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when cutting Aluminum?? Smoke 2001-12-23 09:48:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Bill Vance 2001-12-23 10:36:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Bill Vance 2001-12-23 10:43:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when cutting Aluminum?? capteod 2001-12-23 12:01:11 UTC Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when dave_ace_me 2001-12-23 13:29:11 UTC Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Bill Vance 2001-12-23 14:42:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when ka1bbg 2001-12-23 15:40:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Marcus & Eva 2001-12-23 18:04:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when glee@i... 2001-12-23 18:58:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when ballendo 2001-12-24 06:15:47 UTC Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when cutting Aluminum?? ballendo 2001-12-24 06:44:24 UTC vortex coolers, venturis was Re: Any "Best Practice" Rec Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-12-24 11:04:33 UTC Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Brian Pitt 2001-12-24 12:42:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Gary Wheeler 2001-12-24 14:46:30 UTC Re: Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when Richard Konnen 2001-12-24 19:31:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any "Best Practice" Recommendations for clearing chips and feed/speed when