CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: drill mill

Posted by dave_ace_me
on 2001-12-23 18:46:41 UTC
Hi Dj,

I'm in kind of the same boat you are, trying to figure out what is
the best for my purposes.

I'd recomend reading all the posts related to your machine on this
list, and visit the home page of this list for a bunch of great links
to sites where others have done similar projects.

in your surfing, you may find the exact set of parts, software, etc.

as for the answer to doing the whole project, if you have money
comming out the wazoo, hire one of the CNC companies to sell you all
the parts and software. it is usually the fastest way to get up and
running.

if you are doing it on a shoestring, read everything you can. There
are some simple ways that work great, once you find them.

the pros on this site are great with the answers to the specific
questions you run across.

and be sure to check out the files section on here too. great stuff.

hope this is of some help.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "djs_aspen" <tinal@c...> wrote:
> hello
> i am new looking for how to make my mill a cnc and would like to buy
> the things i need to do this right the first time. what size motors
> and what pc parts? any help would be appreciated. Thx Dj

Discussion Thread

djs_aspen 2001-12-23 18:27:43 UTC drill mill djs_aspen 2001-12-23 18:28:18 UTC drill mill dave_ace_me 2001-12-23 18:46:41 UTC Re: drill mill