CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Code Editors revisited

on 2002-01-02 12:22:15 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Chris L <datac@l...> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I finally was able to take the time to try to learn all the "Ins and
> Outs" of the Code editor I purchased a while back. Seems you don't
> appreciate a program until you "really" get to use it.
>
> After looking at many of what had been occasionally recommended
>here, I
> settled on Discriminator. http://www.cncedit.com/

I've got to second what Chris says here. I have been using this from
the early version days. I have often put this program forward as
being well worth the money.
Another feature that is in the registered version but not in the
demo, is the fact that by using the 'S' key you can single step
thought the program to spot the odd spurious move. I needed this in
the eary days with Bobcad's frequent moves where it changed a G02 to
a G03. Discriminator caught this and stopped some scrap parts.

John S.

> It is very inexpensive, it allows for a wireframe view of the
toolpath,
> it is very small and fast, Allows for all kinds of Text formatting
> (colors, fonts, styles used to attenuate code), supports macros,
and it
> has never crashed ! Some of the editors with "solids" type viewing
> struck me as a lot more program than I needed. My posted files are
> relatively good from my CAM programs... But there is one or two
programs
> that I just can't whip the post processor techniques into shape to
> deliver the exact sequences I need. Discriminators Macro and Easy
Text
> support work great.
>
> "Easy text" allows you to save a text file (or lots of them if you'd
> like) that contains any sequence or code you would like. Simply
click a
> button, select the particular "file" to insert, Click "Insert" and
it's
> done. That is truly Easy!
>
> I had just sent an E-mail to him to see if there are any new
versions in
> the works and to voice my opinion on a few buttons I would like to
see
> added to the toolbar. His reply was that a new version is being
worked
> on.
>
> Additionally, I find it opens all kinds of other files very well.
Well,
> text ones anyhow. For example, Open up a Netscape Cookies.txt file
in
> notepad or Wordpad. What a mess ! I opened it in Discriminator and
> things made perfect sense !
>
> Discriminator is a really handy program for me. I am not related,
Did
> not get it for free, or any obligation to post this message. I just
like
> the program and am passing it along.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Luebke
> DATA-CUT

Discussion Thread

Chris L 2001-12-27 19:10:22 UTC Code Editors revisited stevenson_engineers 2002-01-02 12:22:15 UTC Re: Code Editors revisited