CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: xy plasma cutter table question

Posted by aspaguy
on 2002-01-06 16:31:33 UTC
- Steve, I too am planning to build a plasma table
but I'm still in the planning stages...........and material
aquisition. in my research however, I did come across a forum
attatched to the torchmate.com sight with a thread on dust control
which contained a user who built a water tray for his unit. it seems
to be that he gave pretty good specs, and got less dross from his
cuts. I just joined this group so this message may be too late to be
of help to you, but maybe someone else can benefit. thanks, Dale-- In
CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Steve Smith <sos@a...> wrote:
> I am working on a cnc plasma cutter. I'll try to get some pix up
when
> the time comes. I've cut using jog under computer control, so I'm
pretty
> close. I'm using Vector and Cncpro, both of which seem to work very
> nicely. Motor drivers are 5A Camtronics boards.
>
> Right now I'm working on the table and work support. I'd like to
cut a
> variety of materials, and it seems very sensible to put a water tray
> under the work to capture the particulates of metal coming off the
torch
> exhaust.
>
> How deep should the water be?
> How much space between the water and the work?
>
> Any opinions or advice welcome, thanks.
>
> Steve Smith
> Loveland, Colorado

Discussion Thread

Steve Smith 2001-12-07 19:20:01 UTC xy plasma cutter table question aspaguy 2002-01-06 16:31:33 UTC Re: xy plasma cutter table question