CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ATX Power supply soft power switch hack...Anyone done ...

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2002-01-07 10:50:27 UTC
In a message dated 06-Jan-02 01:12:17 Central Standard Time,
elson@... writes:

> I have an Intel motherboard and a generic ATX power supply in my CNC system,
> and I power the whole system up and down with a power strip

Seems like summaus wanna have similar setups (logical!). I have a Compaq
Presario with a plastic front-bezel that looks like a wounded manatee giving
birth, and it, the monitor, printer, and speaker-power are all plugged into
a power-strip. However, I STILL have to push that funny belly-button between
the C: and "AC-on" LED's, which have to be viewed from 150 mm, within a 10°
viewing-angle (clearly, end-user-engineering-challenged design!).

Why IS it that the genius minds that can design this complexity have NO clue
how we "real people" out here in the real world where their MONEY comes from
can't fathom how to design the "outside" and simple things like AC-power
control in a practical/useful way??????

Jan

JanRwl@A... 2002-01-07 10:50:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ATX Power supply soft power switch hack...Anyone done ...