CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

how to buy a used lathe/mill was Re: monarch eee!!yikes

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-01-08 01:12:44 UTC
Denny,

Look up Meridian machinery online. They have posted a few articles
about buying used. Seems to be a straight shooter, IMO. No dealings
personally with them.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. There are yahoo groups for many makes and models of machinery.
My 9x20Lathe group is one example. Logan, Emco, Southbend, all have
yahoo groups devoted to them. In more than one f these lists, the
type of info you're looking for is routinely discussed. Try a search
of the yahoo groups home page using "lathe"...

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Dennis Dunn <dunn@c...> wrote:
> DK:
> I'm a lurker who has been following this list for sometime
now. I've
> done some machining in the past and own a few hand tools (indicator,
> mics, gages, etc.) but no machinery. I would like to get a lathe and
> mill someday, but am at a loss as to how to buy a machine. You seem
> be knowledgeable in this area. What do you recommend? Look for an
> auction? Where are there advertised? How can I tell if a machine is
> worth bidding on? How much to bid? I'm sure these are tough
questions
> but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> -Denny

Discussion Thread

dkmachine@a... 2002-01-06 21:52:18 UTC Re: monarch eee!!yikes Dennis Dunn 2002-01-07 12:20:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: monarch eee!!yikes yethdear0 2002-01-07 18:12:05 UTC Re: monarch eee!!yikes ballendo 2002-01-08 01:12:44 UTC how to buy a used lathe/mill was Re: monarch eee!!yikes