CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Rong Fu Model RF-45

Posted by Dan Falck
on 1999-11-03 16:37:36 UTC
Roland,

I have one of the RF-45 machines and it is really pretty decent on quality.
Right now, I am about halfway finished with the CNC conversion. I have
ballscrews on all axis' - the column for the Z axis has a 1" ballscrew in
it now. Dan Mauch is helping me with a servo drive system. The next thing
that I need to do is put a chain and sprocket with counter weights on the
column to counter balance the head.
I have made some rough drawings of the Z -axis ballscrew retrofit in
Autocad. You are welcome to them for the article. Lord knows, you have
helped me out so much with your original articles in Home Shop Machinist.
I still refer back to them for info on brackets, motor mounts, ballscrews,
etc...

Thanks,
Dan Falck

At 07:30 AM 11/3/1999 , you wrote:
>From: Roland Friestad <cardinal.eng@...>
>
>A while ago I remember reading that one (or several) folks on this list were
>working on retrofitting the Rong Fu RF-45 mill to CNC - I am planning to do
>the same to either this model or a similar one from some other manufacturer
>(if there is another manufacturer)
>
>I would appreciate comments, either on or off list, from those who have
>started such a project or from those who have personal knowledge about the
>RF-45 machine. I would also appreciate it if anyone knows about a similar
>machine made by another manufacturer.
>
>It is my plan to make a retrofit and have the plans for the brackets etc.
>published in HOME SHOP MACHINIST as a construction article sometime next
>year if the project is successful. From specifications it appears to be
>ideally suited but I have heard some negative feedback regarding the quality
>of the machine and just wanted to see what experiences others may have had
>with it at this point in time.
>
>Advice from those with personal knowledge would be helpful
>
>Roland Friestad <cardinal.eng@...>

Discussion Thread

Roland Friestad 1999-11-03 05:30:27 UTC Rong Fu Model RF-45 Dan Falck 1999-11-03 16:37:36 UTC Re: Rong Fu Model RF-45