CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Flashcut vs desknc for windows & Deskam VS Rutex

on 2002-01-14 23:47:04 UTC
Hi Dale,

The DeskNC uses a 18C452 PIC, a DS275 232 chip and a 40 Mhz clock, while
Rutex uses a 16F877 PIC, a ST232 chip and a 20 Mhz clock. Both have 5V
regulator chips. Yeah, they're similar, but then with only two chips
and a crystal, there's not much else to make them different!

I like the new screw terminals of the DeskNC, however the DB37 of the
Rutex is fine too. Just depends on how one wants to connect them up.
Oh yeah, the DeskNC has an LED too.

They both receive RS232 commands, and generate 3 sets of step/dir
signals. They both also buffer status from a number of lines.

THE REAL DIFFERENCE would be the code! Sorry, I can't compare the
code. I hope to be able to give some opinion of how the run in the
future!

So far, I have run the older DeskNC module, and I have received an
update IC. I have not yet run the Rutex module, as I will have to
integrate code into a controller before I can do that.

Hay! I LOVE this stuff. Hope to see BOTH running, and I'd also like to
see the new FlashCut that was just released. Humm, FlashCut is just up
the hwy...

And I really wouldn't mind evaluating indexer.lpt at some future date.

Alan KM6VV

aspaguy wrote:

> If you look close, desknc appears to use the chip set from rutex. I
> had figured this out before my original post and rutex didn't seem to
> have the software to run it, but now I see a download I hadn't
> noticed before. I am a newby, but I pay close attention and ask a lot
> of questions.
> Thanks
> Dale
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...>
> wrote:
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > I had looked at INDEXER.LPT, Yes, to much for the hobby market!
> And
> > I'd LOVE to get into a FlashCut type "black box" as well.
> >
> > You might try the Rutex "black box":
> >
> > http://rutex.com/
> >
> > Look for "RT900 Motion control IC – STEPEX" Which is available as
> an
> > IC, and somewhere on his site there is also a small PCB (900-000).
> > think it's mislabeled as:
> >
> > http://www.rutex.f2s.com/servo1.htm
> >
> > But it's a stepper, NOT a servo. About $76 USD.
> >

> > What about using something like DeskNC's new "black box"? We could
> buy
> > them, and then ALL use them!
> >
> > Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-01-14 23:47:04 UTC Re: Flashcut vs desknc for windows & Deskam VS Rutex