CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1957

Posted by Russell Shaw
on 2002-01-15 19:30:20 UTC
dk wrote:

> --- CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> > Addresses:
> > FILES:
> Message: 16
> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:40:13 -0000
> From: "sir_tancred" <gary.mort@...>
> Subject: Re: job shop auctions
>
> This concept would work great if everbody could be
> trusted to not cheat. I'm afraid you'd have to hire
> Job Shop Cops to police the process. Or get the Gov.
> involved...yikes.
>
> There will ALWAYS be a guy that's hungier and
> willing to do the job at a break even or loss,
> let alone charge for a quote.
> Yes there are MANY problems with the quote process.
> But that's the way it is, and it gets more cut throat
> every year. I'm certainly all for ideas on changing
> the process to make it more fair, but not sure your
> solutions really are that...

How about telling the customer it's an estimate,
and a definite price will be confirmed after a
pilot run? That way, less detail in the quote
process is needed, the pilot run is paid for,
and it is less incentive/more effort for the
customer to switch to another shop.

Discussion Thread

dk 2002-01-15 19:12:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1957 Russell Shaw 2002-01-15 19:30:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1957