CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: losing steps

Posted by mariss92705
on 2002-01-15 22:45:16 UTC
Colin,

The manual that came with the drive shows how to disable the standby
current while stopped if that is a problem. Here's how to do it:

Take the cover off of the drive and turn it so the main connector is
to the left and the big blue capacitor on the drive is at the top.

Between that capacitor and the blue trimpot (upper right hand corner)
is a 2 by 3 pin header with two jumpers (shunts) on it.

Call the top row of pins 1, 2, and 3. Call the bottom row 4, 5, and 6.

Place the jumpers 1 to 4 (already there) and the other 3 to 6.

That disables the current reduction feature. Your motor will be
hotter now.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "cdoughtynz" <cdoughty@p...> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am putting the finishing touches to my newly built router table,
> and to my surprise, with the power on to the Y motor , I can make
the
> motor lose steps, when I put my shoulder into the cross slide.
> Is this normal? the motor is a Pacific scientific 645 oz-in, and I
am
> using gecko G201a. and 1 rev of the motor is moving the cross
> slide .8"
> I know that the G201a halves its current when stopped, can this be
> adjusted if necessary?
> Colin

Discussion Thread

cdoughtynz 2002-01-15 20:54:50 UTC losing steps ccs@m... 2002-01-15 21:05:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] losing steps mariss92705 2002-01-15 22:45:16 UTC Re: losing steps cadcamcenter 2002-01-15 23:41:43 UTC Re: losing steps