CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew?

Posted by Peter
on 2002-01-16 07:08:21 UTC
I too, had an excellent experience dealing with Rockford. My BP clone
(First brand, from Taiwan) mill had non (BP) standard ends on the
leadscrews, mine are metric. It took several days to measure everything
and prepare drawings and double check ALL dims twice (or three times...)
and fax the drawings down to Rockford. They then took my dwgs,
incorporated them into their CAD system and faxed them back for my
approval. (This is standard commercial practice when dealing with
commercial job shops... kind of like a contract? If a dwg mistake had
remained after I approved their dwgs it would have been 100% my
responsibility and to my cost to rectify - hence, why I spent a lot of
time double checking dims - sorry to belabour this point)

Anyway, I had to mark up one dimensional correction on their dwg and
gave approval to proceed after taking a deep breath! I received
confirmation of the shipping date (about 3 weeks) once the job was
scheduled in their system (after my drawing sign-off) and they delivered
exactly on schedule. The custom ball screws and nuts set me back US$800
and arrived looking very sexy. I have been extremely impressed with
their performance.

FWIW I asked for quotes from HiWin, Nook and Thomson and none came even
close to Rockford's price and delivery for rolled ballscrews with custom
ends. Plus Rockford are well set-up to make BP retrofit ballscrews
kits - including the cast mounting bracket. (Highest price quoted was
almost $5k ouch!)

Cheers! Peter R

Hugh Currin wrote:

> Dave:
>
> I purchased mine through Rockford Ball Screw. They were willing to supply
> small quantities directly and I felt they gave good service. Contact them at:
>
> Rockford Ball Screw
> PH-800/475-9532 FAX-815/874-7897
> ballscrew@...
> www.rockfordballscrew.com
>
> They have drawings and specificaitons (*.pdf) on their web page.
>
> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 09:00 pm, you wrote:
>
>>Where is a good place to get then?
>>

>>>I looked at both kits and non-kit ballscrews. Considering both cost
>>>and availability I went with Rockford Ballscrew.

Discussion Thread

[./dave.gallant/.] 2002-01-15 16:25:22 UTC Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew? Chris L 2002-01-15 19:13:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew? Hugh Currin 2002-01-15 20:42:47 UTC Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew? ledinger 2002-01-15 21:03:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew? Hugh Currin 2002-01-16 06:41:31 UTC Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew? Peter 2002-01-16 07:08:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew? Hugh Currin 2002-01-16 07:38:27 UTC Re: MiniMills&Ballscrew?