CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]How to find the right shop

Posted by wanliker@a...
on 2002-01-16 19:42:27 UTC
In a message dated 1/16/2002 8:09:03 PM Mountain Standard Time,
peteryco@... writes:

> Ok Bill and list,
> lets simply turn the position and analyse the question
> from an other point of view so that all fellows have their
> benefit.
>
> How can someone who has a need for machining or electronics or
> what ever find the right shop for the right job?

Now I am asking you one LAST TIME to drop this subject. It is not in the
realms of the lists coverage. If you want to talk about this subject then
start a list "Machinists Off Topic" list on Yahoo and take it there...

We have over 1940 members on the list and I have not recieved any offlist
mail asking for this subject to be included, so it is not going to be.
This list is very active on the four included subjects with out a lot of
extranious YAK ON OT SUBJECTS.
When they come up I ignore them for a bit, but when they continue I ask all
members to discontinue the subject, and I really do appreciate it if they do,
and handle any complaints off list.
We have new members coming into the list everyday, and I have noticed that
when there is a firefight going on, the also promptly leave us.

If I get 100 out of 1600 that want this OT to continue, I will start a list
for it, for them, on YAHOO.
Informations about this subject at your local shop, is in my opinion going to
be of little value anywhere else. I did Maintenance for 40 years and delt
with over 100 shops and every one was different.
We have recently had a bit on finishing wood, but I believe it was the direct
result of a CNC project, and it died rapidly, this is OK. Currently we have
one on tapping, and I sure hope it dies rapidly, as I have seen little of
real value in it.

No one last time take this topic off list. Any comments to be sent to Tim
and myself, offlist.
bill
List Mom

Sven Peter 2002-01-16 19:03:05 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]How to find the right shop wanliker@a... 2002-01-16 19:42:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]How to find the right shop