CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

max step frequency in RTL Linux using Cobbin's CNCMILL

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2002-01-22 21:00:12 UTC
Peter Leijnen <pleijnen@y...> wrote:

> Does anyone know what is the maximum stepping
> frequency I can expect from EMC? (step/direction,
> via parallel port, open loop)

The other day I emailed Phil Cobbin about the speed
he is getting on his 4 axis gcode compiler (not
an interpreter!) running under Real Time Linux.
(This is similar to EMC which also runs under RTL).

He gets 40-50Khz steps on an old HP 233MHz pentium.

BTW, his source code is free at his site:
http://www.cobbin.com

and he has converted his Bridgeport to run with his
Linux CNCMILL software and Gecko stepper drivers.

Doug Fortune
http://www.cncKITS.com

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2002-01-22 21:00:12 UTC max step frequency in RTL Linux using Cobbin's CNCMILL