CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] firewire and 3d cad was serial/USB

on 2002-01-25 13:03:43 UTC
Hi Ballendo,

Tim? Terry?? Yes, I think it was Terry, he emailed a "one liner" but it
was deleted when I went to reply!

Same questions for Terry. What about firewire (yes, I know it is
faster) is needed that USB doesn't have? Care to share?

Alan KM6VV

ballendo wrote:

> Alan,
> Did you mean Terry L. Ridder?
>
> He has mentioned doing a firewire project recently, and posted a
> great deal on the "serial" alternatives in the past...
>
> Also a little plug for another of his projects. I think he's been
> working on a 3d cad system. Terry?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ballendo
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> >Firewire you say? I have no experience there (and probably won't
> >for a while). I supposedly will be doing a USB project, so my
> >interests are along that line. Soon as I get the company to pay for
> >the developer's kit I want ;>)
> >
> >Tim stated that he is doing a firewire project. Perhaps he will
> >tell us a little more about it!
> >
> > Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-01-25 13:03:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] firewire and 3d cad was serial/USB