CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Yet another request for stepper info

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-01-30 05:14:12 UTC
Bert,

You may have already seen this site:

http://www.ad.siemens.de/mc/en/index041d.html

It appears the motors may be 3 phase, as that is waht is listed on
the Siemens site.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Bert Pirson" <hpirson@b...> wrote:
> After searching the web for information without luck, I am asking
for help
> in figuring out some surplus steppers I have. These motors are:
>
> Siemens Stepper Motor #1AD5006-OT, 24V
>
> The motors have 13 leads, 2 groups of 4 leads (1-4 & 5-8) and 1
group of 5
> leads (9-13). My guess was that the 5 leads were an encoder and
the motor
> was an 8 lead stepper.
>
> I measured the resistance between the 8 leads. There is no
continuity
> between the two 4 lead groups. Within the groups, all 4 leads have
> resistance of between 30 and 50 ohms with the other leads in the
group.
> This is not what I expected from an 8 lead stepper and I don't have
a clue
> which pair of leads go to each coil. I was expecting each lead to
have ~1
> ohm resistance with another lead and no continuity with the other
two lead
> in the group.
>
> So what have I got? Burned out steppers or some other type of
motor?

> If I can't figure anything out I may have to sacrifice one and open
it up.
> Better that than burn up a drive.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bert

Discussion Thread

Bert Pirson 2002-01-29 10:41:01 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yet another request for stepper info ballendo 2002-01-30 05:14:12 UTC Re: Yet another request for stepper info