CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Device drivers for PCI or PCMIA

on 2002-01-30 11:06:34 UTC
Hi Denny,

Check out the PCMCIA specification PCMCIA/JEIDA

http://www.pcmcia.org/

You should be able to access "socket services", via int 15h calls if you
have loaded the proper driver for your board.

Most of my PCMCIA work is on top of DOS, which is a little easier (I
wrote drivers for our custom hand held PC's, Élan 300, C&T F8680...).

HTH

Alan KM6VV

Dennis Dunn wrote:

> I'm sorry if this is a bit of topic, but does anyone out there have any
> experience with writing software drivers to communicate with PCI or
> PCMIA devices either on a Windows or Linux platform? Sample source code
> would be helpful. I have some students who want to do data acquisition
> and control using their own board designs but communicating with the
> boards seems to be a major hurdle. Thanks.
>
> -Denny

Discussion Thread

Dennis Dunn 2002-01-30 08:02:31 UTC Device drivers for PCI or PCMIA Bill Vance 2002-01-30 09:46:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Device drivers for PCI or PCMIA Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-01-30 11:06:34 UTC Device drivers for PCI or PCMIA