CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] jog handwheel for plasma or big router was Re: Black...

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2002-02-01 11:54:04 UTC
Chris,

I think the handwheel is doable. You really need to be able to switch to a
large resolution like .5 + inch per pulse. But, if you do, you should make it
so the Z axis can only be driven at 1/10 the multiplier or less. The router I
use has identical resolution in all three axis. So you rush out to your
location, with X and Y, forget to change resolution on z and promptly smash
the cutter into the table.....

Good thing the bit is rarely hurt when hitting low density particle board.

Peter
THRD, Inc.

ptengin@a... 2002-02-01 11:54:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] jog handwheel for plasma or big router was Re: Black... William Scalione 2002-02-01 14:29:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] jog handwheel for plasma or big router was Re: Black... aspaguy 2002-02-01 19:10:14 UTC jog handwheel for plasma or big router was Re: Black...