CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIC single axis DRO?

on 2002-02-01 12:10:39 UTC
At 12:21 PM 1/31/02 +0100, you wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've been lurking this list for a long time, so I figured out that
> it's time to ask a question.
>
> Has anyone made a single axis DRO with PIC 16F84 which can read
> quadrature encoders.
> I must state that I'm not in machining business, I like electronics
> more than 'chips'.
> The reason for my question is that a friend of mine, who is in
> printing business, had a fire in his printing shop and a glass ruler
> (combined with a sort of periscope) on his paper cutting knife is
> broken and now it is very inconvenient to measure the paper stack
> with the tape ruler every time he has to cut.
> I do have a developed H/W for PIC - LED display combination. Off
> list answers preferred (As well as the requests for the H/W
> diagram).

Yes, I'm about 80% done a dual axis one. I wouldn't mind seeing what
you have. I'm using 4 triple-digit 0.56" LED displays for the readout,
and a more powerful PIC. I'm not overjoyed with the performance yet,
this is just one step on the journey.

Best regards,

Spehro Pefhany --"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
speff@... Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
9/11 United we Stand

Discussion Thread

Zoran A. Scepanovic 2002-02-01 10:51:41 UTC PIC single axis DRO? Spehro Pefhany 2002-02-01 12:10:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIC single axis DRO? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-01 15:13:33 UTC PIC single axis DRO?