CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Please help a newbie

Posted by rsgoldner
on 2002-02-08 12:35:34 UTC
I may have made a mistake in the torque rating on these motors. They
are model 34PM-C102-15. The spec I found is for model 34PM-C101
which has the torque listed at 300 Ncm. The 34PM-C102 may only be
250 oz-inch. I'm still researching this. In any case, after I buy
the quantity of motors that I need, I will make the purchasing
information available to the list.

I still would like an opinion on these motors.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "studleylee" <indigo_red@q...> wrote:

> Those steppers sound good at $20 if they really are that torque.
> 300 N.cm EQUALS 26.552237374 lbf.in
> -Lee
> ps Got any spares for me?
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "rsgoldner" <rgoldner@i...> wrote:
> > I have a Grizzly mini-mill (model G8689) and am considering
> > converting it to CNC. I came across what I think is a good deal
on
> > motors and would like your advice as to the suitability of these
> > motors for the Grizzly.
> >
> > These are dual shaft Minebea stepper motors with the following
> specs:
> >
> > Step angle 1.8 degrees
> > Drive mode unipolar (6 wires)
> > Holding torque 300 Ncm (I think this is 424 oz/inch. Is that
> > correct?)
> > Voltage 3 VDC
> > Current per phase 4 Amps
> > Resistance per phase .75 ohms
> > Inductance per phase 3.5 mH
> > Detent torque 7 Ncm
> > Rotor inertia 1100 gcm 2 (gcm squared)
> >
> > The price on these motors is $20 each.
> >
> > BTW, these are called hybrid stepping motors. What does that
mean?

Discussion Thread

rsgoldner 2002-02-08 11:31:33 UTC Please help a newbie studleylee 2002-02-08 12:02:24 UTC Re: Please help a newbie rsgoldner 2002-02-08 12:35:34 UTC Re: Please help a newbie