CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: web page & ballscrews

Posted by Les Watts
on 1999-11-15 06:46:16 UTC
Greg Nuspel wrote:

> Les,
>
> Nice Chairs!
>
> Your metal working page doesn't load properly for me the mills image
> shows up over the text.
>
> What is the price for the lead screws you where talking about on the
> CAD_CAM..... mailing list?
>
> --
> Greg Nuspel
>

> Thanks Greg!

I sure hope people like my furniture. I am actually taking the plunge-
resigning my position atcorporate in the spring , hauling 20,000 lbs of
machinery down to the workshop I built in the
Smokey mountains, and trying to sell the stuff.

The main trick I'm hoping to give me an edge is that I own all my
capital equipment outright.
This includes the large CNC gantry router that is almost finished. Most
small shops probably
can't afford tools like this. The only way I could have one was to
design and build my own.

Thanks also for the web site bug report. I do have to fix that page.

I pulled out the last HIWIN invoice. I bought 2 2.5 meter x 25mm x 5mm
each with 2 seperate
anti-backlash nuts and one 1.25 meter with one nut. The total price was
$US870.00. My x and
y axis are about 2 meters so I end up with one ballscrew assembly and a
spare nut on a .5 meter
end piece for $348.00. I build my own preloaded angular contact end
blocks as they don't sell
them. I also mentioned that they don't do end machining but it is pretty
easy to do if you can
get to a lathe with 5C collet capability and 1"+ spindle hole. The ends
can be machined (slowly)
without annealing.

--
Leslie M.Watts
Illinois Tool Works

Discussion Thread

Les Watts 1999-11-15 06:46:16 UTC Re: web page & ballscrews