CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC interface PCB

Posted by aspaguy
on 2002-02-12 19:57:03 UTC
Carlos,
Sorry this answer took a day. I posted an answer last night, but for
some rason it didn't seem to post. Any way, yes,that sounds about
right for the traces for the high power. If you go
to:
http://www.balboa-instruments.com/balboa_direct/catalog.html
then, Ignore the login request and click on go to catalog. when the
window opens, select circuit boards from the table of contents.
several pictures of these boards will open. You will notice that the
boards have several large "fingers" extending off one side, these
fingers carry the high power traces and are designed to line up
perfectly with a terminal strip. you will notice that the relays are
right next to the fingers, that is becausethe 220 is carried in on a
set of fingers,then through the relay and right back out on another
set of fingers. The other relays you see on the board control lower
amp Items so they aren't right next to the fingers.
Hopefully this info will be of help to your application.
Thanks
Dale
---
In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Carlos Guillermo" <carlos@v...> wrote:
> Hi Dale -
>
> Thanks for the info. I've been getting good help on the relays,
> but now I'm especially looking for info like you offered about
> switching 23A with PCB-mounted relays. Is that 23A being carried
> directly by the PCB traces? According to the chart I downloaded,
> with a 20deg C rise and 2oz copper, that would require about .350"
> wide traces. Does this sound familiar?
>
> TIA,
>
> Carlos Guillermo
> VERVE Engineering & Design

Discussion Thread

Carlos Guillermo 2002-02-11 07:13:52 UTC CNC interface PCB jimmy staton 2002-02-11 07:32:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC interface PCB Carlos Guillermo 2002-02-11 08:11:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC interface PCB Alan Rothenbush 2002-02-11 08:57:07 UTC Re: CNC interface PCB Carlos Guillermo 2002-02-11 09:55:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC interface PCB Jon Elson 2002-02-11 10:19:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC interface PCB Carlos Guillermo 2002-02-11 11:39:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC interface PCB aspaguy 2002-02-11 20:10:27 UTC Re: CNC interface PCB Carlos Guillermo 2002-02-11 20:58:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC interface PCB aspaguy 2002-02-12 19:57:03 UTC Re: CNC interface PCB