CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PULSE GENERATORS

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-02-16 21:38:09 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "dpontes02745" <dpontes02745@y...> wrote:
> Some time back,one of the GROUP members posted a item on MEERKAT
> SYSTEM hand held pendant.

snipped a little bit for brevity

>,you can't get any
> better for the HOME HOBBY OTHER THAN BUING THE IKEGAI!

David, what does it cost? More than a used CNC Sherline on Ebay? The
handheld pendant for the Ahha is $650. The whole Artisan setup only
costs a couple hundred dollars more. That makes it a difficult choice
for home/hobby. Also how can the Meerkat system be interfaced to the
EMC? After you plug it in and wire it up, how do you get the turning
of the pulse wheel to move your machine? It's not documented in the
manual as I have looked for it. That makes it more complicated for
me. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not too bright when it comes to
some of these things. This is especially true if I have to spend
extra money for something that I think I can make real cheap.

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

Discussion Thread

dpontes02745 2002-02-16 20:53:55 UTC PULSE GENERATORS imserv1 2002-02-16 21:38:09 UTC Re: PULSE GENERATORS