CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reality bites was Re: Step count / inch problem

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2002-02-20 09:20:03 UTC
I'm not sure about the accuracy of them, but it seems like what's needed here,
is to set a std using one of the tape reader type position readers WRT the
actual position vs. what the software/machine says it is. This would give us an
actual map file that would be good for around NXX hours of operation, depending
on the machine. The file could be referenced by driver software in an absolute
way regardless of what mode the rest of the machine might be running in. It's
basically a 3 dimensional array map with one row per dimension, unless you might
want to totally map a machine that's the next thing from flying apart. Seems to
me that this would give us accuracy that would have the aerospace johnnies
drooling, and one guy with a tape/reader could service a big area, and all kinds
of machines.

What thinkest thou?

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

jeffdavis516 2002-02-18 13:32:33 UTC Step count / inch problem Jon Elson 2002-02-18 20:05:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Step count / inch problem ballendo 2002-02-19 02:52:01 UTC Reality bites was Re: Step count / inch problem Carlos Guillermo 2002-02-19 07:42:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reality bites was Re: Step count / inch problem ballendo 2002-02-20 01:47:19 UTC Reality bites was Re: Step count / inch problem ballendo 2002-02-20 02:16:46 UTC Reality bites was Re: Step count / inch problem Bill Vance 2002-02-20 09:20:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reality bites was Re: Step count / inch problem