CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Grabbing raw Keyboard Data

Posted by J. Craswell
on 2002-02-21 06:48:42 UTC
Hi Alan: I might be wrong but I'm fairly sure the keyboards always autorepeat. Both Fred and I tried
to find way to get only Keyup and Keydown data but the Keyboard has a CPU that "knows better" and
sends out the repeated key if held down too long. *Note I'm no genius so PLEASE tell me, if you find a
way to get the data without the "help." from the Keyboard controller. The scheme they have is REALLY
annoying.

From the IBM Technical Reference
"All keys are typematic. When a key is pressed and held down, the keyboard continues to send the
make code for that key until the key is released. The rate at which the make code is sent is known as
the typematic rate. When two or more keys are held down, only the last key pressed repeates at the
typematic rate. Typematic operation stops when the last key pressed is released, even if other keys are
still held down. "

73 de Jay W0VNE

J. Craswell 2002-02-21 06:48:42 UTC Grabbing raw Keyboard Data wanliker@a... 2002-02-21 09:41:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grabbing raw Keyboard Data Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-21 12:19:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grabbing raw Keyboard Data